Sunday 16 October 2011

Phuket Sunshine

Since I posted about the rains last week it's been bright sunshine and clear skies all the way in Phuket.

I took these pictures on Kata beach yesterday. Kata beach is a favourite of our family because it's lined with trees so you can find space in the shade to snooze or have a picnic. I also really like Kata Seafood restaurant at the far south end of the beach for it's good cheap food and great location. Next to the restaurant on the rocks is the tiny Ska Bar which is nice in the evenings. I'm not so keen on the hawkers who now appear every night on the beach selling fireworks to tourists who should have more sense. The paper lanterns are ok but the fireworks make me nervous. More than once I've seen them fall over in the sand and fire off horizontally. But I guess as long as people buy them they'll keep on being sold.






Later as I was driving past Patong beach I stopped to take a couple more snaps (below). The photos don't show it too well but I was surprised how browny green the sea of Patong Bay looked compared to the bright blue water at Kata beach which is only about 15km south.