Friday 3 May 2013

Similan Explorer review

South Siam 4
I've just got some detailed and constructive feedback from a diver who went on Similan Explorer in late April. There are positives and negatives but overall it's positive. I thought I'd copy the full unedited review here.

Hey Paul,

It was really good! I had a very good time with some excellent diving. Even seen a couple of Manta's!

Feedback
Boat.
The boat was really good, looked clean and spacious. We where only with 6 divers though, I think if there where 20 divers on board it would be a lot less comfortable.

Crew
John and Lisa where great, professional and fun! The only comment I gave them is that they could share there knowledge more. They didn't always seem to realize that what they see every day is new to most other divers. Like drift diving for example, they could have made this into a interesting subject to have a bigger briefing about. Now they just named it. I think if they would have taken a little more time to teach in stead of just guide it would have been even better.
The Thai crew was super fun and friendly, the only comment I would have there is that they start yelling (in a friendly way, but still) GO! GO! GO! when people where entering the water. For non divers this might seem like normal, but as a diver I think entering the water is something that should happen slowly en safely. 

Food
Good and tasty food (considering it was made in a small kitchen on a boat) that was made with heaps of love and care by the Thai lady's.
I did get a fish bone stuck in my throat for about two days, but that can happen anywhere. What wasn't so nice though was the diarrhea I had for a couple of days afterwards.

Equipment
I used my own equipment, but for what I have seen it looked good.

Over all the trip was a 100% success! And the things that could be better don't way up to the rest that was amazing.

I hope this will help you.